People look up to professional courses since they have deep rooted interests in them. But have you ever wondered what it would be with decks, ships and diving. A course that covers all these topics is referred to as natural science. This happens to be a multi- disciplinary subject that deals with the techniques, and how to operate and navigate a ship to safety. Best DNS sponsorship in India includes theory along with practical training.
There are three options by which you may pursue a course in nautical science. You may complete your bachelors and then go on to pursue masters and then opt for a job. Another option is to opt for a BSC in natural science, since going for a diploma in nautical science throws up an array of job opportunities. Even you can study in details about the subject of naval architecture, ocean structure, impact of waves, mooring and towing.
If you are keen to choose an adventurous and a professional course then choosing a diploma in nautical science is the best option. After completing school you can choose a nautical science course, with an aim to have an adventurous journey in life.
Pretty much like any other course nautical science does have its own developments that have gone on to alter the face of the marine system. Based on the inputs of global technology marine report, a lot of changes have been witnessed in the techniques of operation related to the ship building industry. There is efficient automation, design freedom, reduction in waste and a drive on virtual inventory, that has paved the trends for the future in ship building industry. Another area that has gone on to generate a lot of attention is ship propulsion along with power generation. A lot of scope exists when it comes to the future of alternative fuels and future engines.
The eligibility criteria for UG and PG courses in nautical science
Let us understand the eligibility criteria when it comes to a course in UG and PG
- The candidates needs to pass 10+ 2 with Physics, chemistry and Maths from a recognized board
- They need to pass 10+ 2 exams with an aggregate of 60 % in the subjects they have taken
- Apart from the educational qualification, the candidates needs to have medical standards which is assessed along with the educational requirements. They need to have 6/6 eyesight and he or she should not be suffering from any vision elements.
For post- graduation
- The candidate who is looking to pursue masters in Nautical science, should need to hold a bachelor’s degree in the requisite subject from a reputed college or university
- Even they need to have a good aggregate in the subject that is based on the requirements of the college or the university.
Just like any other exam you need to clear entrance exams to seek enrolment for a course in nautical science. After opting for advance DNS sponsorship a candidate has the ability to work in the private and the public sector. The candidate has an opportunity to work in navy ships and becoming aware about the structure of a ship when they are pursuing a course in nautical science.
The necessary skill sets to pursue a course in nautical science
For every course there are certain skill sets that you need to pursue it. Below are mentioned some of the skills necessary to pursue a course in nautical science
- A keen interest in water activities- the candidate who is looking to pursue a course in nautical science needs to showcase a love and interest towards water. Since everything in natural science is related to water
- Leadership skills- Another skill that is necessary for the students is leadership skills. In case of major operations the candidates should be able to lead their team. This can only be done if they go on to become an efficient leader
- Communication skills- Another ability of the candidates is to have outstanding communication skills. How to convey a message effectively is vital, but when it comes to Navy it is one of the tools necessary for accessing a candidate
- Teamwork- this is a skill that you cannot turn a blind eye. The candidate should be able to collaborate with their fellow workers and discuss work or operation. They should also be efficient and able to accomplish the task properly.
The careers in nautical science
Once the candidates goes on to complete or obtain graduation in nautical science it is obvious that they would be having job opportunities in the given field. After completion of their engineering or masters they can go for a course in marine engineering. Even you may be a scuba driver and explore the underwater. It is possible for the candidates to complete their diploma and work as a lecture, training or a navigation officer.
The students who have gone on to complete bachelors or masters in marine engineering can work in areas like marine electronics, marine engineering, communication or tourism. For all those students who have completed the course there exists an opportunity to go abroad.
The expected job profile
In the government and private sector there are numerous job opportunities in the domain of nautical science. Below are mentioned some of the job roles that a candidate can opt after completion of a course in nautical science
- Deck officer- he is an officer who is responsible for navigation and handling the ship. He also handles any form of communication between the shore and the ship with delivery of cargo.
- Scuba diver- Using the scuba gear he is a person who works below the surface of the water. They are known to repair or install structures along with equipment.
- Marine superintendent- Their main work is to ensure that the vessels are secure, safe, efficient and economical. Though their main area of responsibility is to plan and execute the ship work.
- Marine engineers- their work is mainly related to the research and design of vessels.